My MAC Eye Shadow Palette | Purples

I've recently filled up my MAC eyeshadow palette which, I'm not going to lie, took my quite a while and quite a few paydays though I'm sure those of you who own eyeshadows by MAC will agree they're worth the trouble! Instead of writing one long post including all nineteen shades I chose (I own one quad and one full sized palette) I've decided to do a series including; Purples, Neutrals and Blues. 

Shroom | Beautiful Iris | Satellite Dreams | Star Violet | Fig1 | Shadow Lady 

These are the six shadows I would count as purples from my palette though I do have a few extras such as Shale which are a cross between purples & neutrals. Shroom is described as 'soft beige with shimmer' and I find the shimmer has a slight purple/pink reflex which makes it work well as a highlight shade with these shadows. Shadow Lady is like my Carbon of this group. It is completely matte and works well to define your lash line and smoke up a look.


Sorry the numbers are backwards, they match up with the first picture so you know which swatch is which, Shroom being 1, Beautiful Iris being 2 etc. These are all swatched without primer so you can see how pigmented they are. Beautiful Iris is by far my favourite shade out of the mix with Fig1 following as second. B.Iris is described as 'Lavender with sheen' though I find it slightly duochrome with almost a blue tone which is really pretty and works well swept across the whole lid for a simple look. 

I think all these colours are worth having in a palette, I thoroughly researched each colour to make sure it was pigmented, smooth and blendable before buying. However I do slightly regret Star Violet as it is a lot warmer than I thought it would be but still it works nicely with some of the browns I have in my neutral section of the palette! 

Jenny x

25 comments:

  1. Lovely colours...

    http://lttreasure.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like these eyeshadows:))
    I'm in love with #4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great purple colours! Love your swatches!
    XO
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shade no.4 looks like something I would wear :) will be following you! :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those colors are all gorgeous!! I have shroom too and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty purple shades <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you did this post - I actually find purple eyeshadows to be the most flattering on me. MAC shadows definitely come with a hefty price tag but kudos to you for filling your palette! Shroom and Satellite Dreams are my favorites!!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too and they're my favourite to wear along with other makeup if that makes sense? They do >< I'm quite relieved its full haha x

      Delete
  8. Amazing palette!!!
    Kisses doll!!!
    http://expressyourselfbypaolalauretano.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. #5 and 6 are my favorites as I love doing smokey eyes when I go out at night. Great review!! ♥ followed you on Google+!

    ROUGH & TOUGH☯ | I`m on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great for smokey eyes, really blendable! Thankyou x

      Delete
  10. Purple is my fav colour, however, it wouldn't go with my skin tone :/ x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the 2nd and 3rd shade.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're all such pretty colours - I especially love #1 and #5!<3

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. so nice blog ! very interesting ! im glad that im here :) i want to invite you to mine and maybe you would like to follow each other? if yes just follow me and let me know i ll do the same as soon as possible :*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Check out my blog, it would mean a lot to me. Soon I'll be doing a giveaway <3

    Nika xx

    Nika's Beauty Land

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great palette, number 2 is my favorite color.
    Kisses

    NEW POST

    www.angelswearheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love these colors :)


    xx
    http://teenjakosan.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, love your blog ! So pretty! Great post xx

    I want to keep in touch with you via GFC/ Google+/ Bloglovin even Facebook. Let me know on my blog:)x

    Laura Macij
    http://www.lauramacij.com/2014/07/summer-etiquette-shots.html

    ReplyDelete