DIY BOOK COVERS USING WASHI TAPE

 



If you haven't heard of Washi tape then this post will change your life! I searched and searched online and in stores for a pretty academic planner for this September coming, thinking along the lines of; if it's cute I will be more likely to actually use it, but couldn't find one anywhere. Instead I ended up with a boring cheapy from WH Smiths which wasn't exactly inspiring to say the least. Then I found out about Washi tape (am I late to this craze?) in the Design Boggers at Home book I've been reading and ordered a bunch from eBay. It's really inexpensive and can be used to decorate anything. The tape looks better on a white background which is why in the second picture you can see I started with a layer or masking tape on the black diary. Then I went a bit crazy and covered every plain notebook I own but I'm so happy with the results! You could really cover anything in Washi tape- phone covers, little boxes for jewelry, wall panels, picture frames and so on! I am addicted to the stuff and recommend (if you haven't already) getting some. 

Jenny x

36 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain: very inspiring. I really like your idea. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do this all the time! :) Washi tape is amazing!

    x Yasmine | Cloudy Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that looks so cute! Love it!

    - nora
    http://uploading-my-mind.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever and simple idea! I love these patterns too :)

    Em | Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I love washi tape too and use it in my planner for important events....I write on top of it and stick it on the correct day. It's really useful and so cute!

    Every Day In Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so cute, i think the red pattern is really pretty! x

    bxbeccaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fab idea! They look so sweet :) x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea for giving new life to your notebooks! It never ceases to amaze me how creative some people can get with washi tape!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes looking at Washi Tape on Pinterest is my favourite thing x

      Delete
  9. Such a great idea....
    Keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never heard of it. I think this would be fun to use for gift wrapping too :)


    Silvia
    Spanish Muse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great diy, thanks for sharing!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic details Jenny!!! I really love your blog:)
    I follow you now! Have a nice day dear,
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE WASHI TAPES! :)
    It’s amazing what you can do with a simple notebook and some washi tape :)

    ieyra | babysoulz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great result, I wish I could find those tapes here as well ;) xox
    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post! Follow each other on GFC, Google+ and Bloglovin? If yes, follow me and i follow back as soon as i see it. Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    Keep in Touch xx Rabea from germany
    http://rabeasbeautytipps.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea Jenny, looks beautiful. Thx for sharing.
    Happy Friday girl
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this idea!!! Looks great! xx Eszter

    www.shineonsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post!! love it ;)
    xx CM
    http://blogcashmeremafia.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/two-ways.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a cute DIY idea !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete