BEST INEXPENSIVE/DRUGSTORE MAKEUP BRUSHES



Foundation
Depending on what sort of coverage I'm after I will go between the Real Techniques Stippling Brush and the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. The stippling brush gives a much lighter coverage and I tend to use this to apply bb creams or full coverage foundations to give a sheer(ish) coverage. It blends really well letting your skin shine through. It's also good for applying liquid blush/highlight. The buffing brush unfortunately is only available in the Real Techniques Core Collection so will cost a little bit more to get your hands on but it is definitely worth it. This blends foundation seamlessly because of how densely packed the bristles are and makes it really easy to build up layers without it looking cakey. I use this brush to pat on foundations of any weight to give a flawless coverage. Both brushes are superb quality as I've come to expect from Real Techniques.  
Powder
The only brush I ever use for powder blush is the Real Techniques Blush Brush. It is the perfect size and beautifully soft. The tip is rounded which makes application as precise as you want it to be. I use the EcoTools Blush Brush to apply my setting powder to my t-zone. It is small enough that I can be quite precise about where I put my powder (which also makes it really good for touch ups) but it is still big enough to cover my whole face if I want it to. The pointed tip makes it great for setting my under eye concealer too.

Smaller Brushes
I'll carry on going through these in the same order as in the first picture. First to mention is the Elf Professional Blending Eye Brush which I use to apply my crease colour. The is by far the best blending brush I have ever come across as I have quite a small eyelid space and usually the brushes made for the crease are huge (like the Real Techniques one) Also it is only £1.95 which is insane for such great quality. I've never found it shead and it is really soft so I'd definitely recommend trying this out. Next is the Elf Professional Eyelash & Brow WandThis does what it says on the tin and again is only £1.95 though still amazing quality. I use this brush every day without a doubt to brush through my brows as I fill them in. The dual ended brush is from the EcoTools Eye Enhancing Duo Brush Set which is an amazing bargain, I love the other brush too but don't tend to need it as much. This brush plus the Elf blending brush is all I need for an everyday eyeshadow look. I use the angled end to apply powder eyeliner and the other end to pack shadow onto my lid. All the EcoTools brushes are amazing quality and environmentally friendly too. Lastly I have to mention the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush. Unfortunately this is only available in the Real Techniques Starter Set which I think is a massive waste of money other than this one brush. I use it to apply concealer as it is way too big for my crease but really dense which makes blending concealer and packing it on over spots without it looking cakey really easy!  

Extra little tip- I got most of these brushes on IHerb for a fraction of their already inexpensive price so check the website out. Only downsides are the postage but there are usually discount codes floating about the internet and if you get charged custom fees. If you'd rather not risk it then Boots/Superdrug always have buy one get one half price offers on brushes so you could wait it out for one of those to save some money. Hope you found this post helpful! x

61 comments:

  1. I love real techniques brushes! The expert face brush is a good one too, it feels similar to the buffing brush but a different shape! Sadly I have not tried any Eco tools before but I really need to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the expert face brush but the buffing brush is a little bigger and I'm lazy enough for that to matter :P Yeah you should, try Iherb x

      Delete
  2. I love Real Technique brushes too!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love most, all except the Starter Set for eyes x

      Delete
  3. I'm a big fan of RT brushes and I can't wait to get my hands on their metallic metals rose gold collection! :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I don't know if I'll bother with the bold metals, one of the reasons I like Real Techniques to begin with is the fact they're so cheap x

      Delete
  4. u know what, i got almost all these brushes yesterday :)
    got 2 of those echo tools duo set , hope they are good
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look very nice! I got the powder brush too, but it soaked up all powder.
    Now I am using a bareminalers brush, it worked better.
    Nice post honey!

    xoxo Colli // tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh no, thats annoying which powder brush was that? Thankyou x

      Delete
  6. i love the real techniques brushes!!! xo babsi

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Real Techniques Blush Brush is the only brush I use for powder blush too!

    Rebecca Coco

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love EcoTool Brushes! I'm actually meaning to try Real Technique brushes since my foundation brush recently broke! lol

    http://iwriteaboutyou.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same and you should definitely give them a go x

      Delete
  9. I actually really love EcoTools brushes - My foundation brush and blush brush are from them too! I should look into the Real Techniques brushes though - they look/sound amazing!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I will have to give their foundation brush a go! They are definitely worth a try, the blush brush is my favourite x

      Delete
  10. These are my favorite drugstore brushes, they work amazing!

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They look great, I want them all ♥ ;D
    xoxo,
    snowprincessbella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such an informative post, thanks for sharing!
    Rosanna x
    Rose’s Rooftop

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for describing each brush so clearly!

    x Karen
    http://dressinginlabels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These brushes sound so good! :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/
    twitter.com/floralandsmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a go, try Iherb as well to get them even cheaper! x

      Delete
  15. I keep saying it and keep NOT doing it... I really, really need new brushes - great options!

    xoxo

    Kaley

    My Closet Life Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love elf brushes! And you can't beat the price!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  17. cool brushes!!
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2015/02/na-niebiesko.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great guide, I'll have to keep these in mind! <3

    Anyhoo, I found your blog through a fellow blogger, and thought I would stop by and say hi! It would totally make my day if you did the same.. or better yet, keep in touch! <3 - www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never heard of the real technique brushes, however I do like elf brushes. You just can't beat the price

    http://sincerelymissj.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thats amazing! Definitely do some research and check them out and very true x

      Delete
  20. Nice brushes! Going to have to go get myself some now!

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow those are some good ones and good prices. Maybe i should start looking into them now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love RT brushes. Have you seen their new line at Ulta? They're so beautiful and sleek.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I have in Boots, we don't have Ulta in the UK... sigh x

      Delete
  23. Such a nice set of brushes! I love it! Nice post!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the tips :)

    The Cutielicious
    http://www.thecutielicious.com
    Federica

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absolutely love the real techniques brushes! They are such great quality, and not too expensive at all! I really need to pick up some more though, it's probably time for new brushes soon haha! I get so lazy with them.

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am so obsessed with the RT brushes, they're so cheap but SO good! xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful brushes!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love real techniques brushes! so soft and good quality
    havent been here for a while!
    xoxo
    monchi

    ReplyDelete
  29. I use the real technique brushes, really love them :)

    neenyslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow,those brushes are stunning
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice! I love the home decor idea and its details.
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Helloo :), where do you get the Elf brushes from? :)

    ReplyDelete