MY TOP FIVE FAVOURITE MAC PRODUCTS


Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle
For the record this isn't in order of preference... it was hard enough to narrow my favourites down to just five let alone decide what I liked best! However I'm sure it won't be a big surprise to people that Soft and Gentle made the cut, this is the most beautiful highlighter I have ever swatched and I can't imagine going out in the evening without wearing this. It is very very pigmented (if thats the right word?) It gives a not so subtle shine which is what I love in a highlighter and it has a beautiful golden colour to it which seems to work well on any skin tone- all my makeup loving friends own this bad boy. 
Frost Blush in Margin
Incase it isn't already apparent, I am definitely a fan of shimmery cheeks and this blush fully provides. It gives more of a shine than full on glitter look like Soft and Gentle making it perfect for everyday use but still with a bit of a kick. Its really pigmented and a little cheaper than blushes from other high end brands like Bobbi Brown and Benefit. My friend Silvana from The Silver Doll actually got me this blush ages ago now so big thanks to her!

Matte Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Another not so big surprise- if you've read this blog for a while you'll know that Ruby Woo is one of my all time favourite lipsticks if not my complete favourite. It's such a classic blue toned red which suits my skin so perfectly, I can't even describe how happy it makes me feel to wear it. Some people find it too matte for their lips which I think is a shame because the colour is so perfect and all you need to do is put some chapstick on before hand to stop it being drying. I definitely recommend this lipstick above all other Mac lipsticks I've tried/swatched in store!

Studio Finish Concealer
Not quite as exciting as my other top products but had to be mentioned. This is literally the biggest lifesaver when I'm having a bad skin day as it is so opaque and covers blemishes without looking heavy or cakey and has such decent staying power on my oily skin. I adore this concealer as it is so long lasting and I depend on it!

Eyeshadows
You may think this is a bit of a cheat as I've chosen four eyeshadows to show you but I figured you could store these in a quad and count it as one product... right? I use the lilac eyeshadow called Beautiful Iris all over my lid with nothing else (except maybe some black eyeshadow along my lash line) for a really simple but really pretty and interesting daytime eye. It's something a little different which I love. The lightest shadow is Naked Lunch which I use in the same way or as a brow bone/inner corner highlight. Everyone knows how amazing this eyeshadow is as it has been raved about for ages in the blogging world. Same goes for Sable, the darkest colour. The gold colour which is called Arena doesn't get enough hype. It is a beautiful golden goddess colour which I adore with my blue eyes, it really makes them pop. All these shadows are amazingly pigmented, buttery and blendable.

As I said this was extremely hard to narrow down and I know I could have done a top 10 but I didn't want the post to be too long. I would also have loved to include Studio Fix powder, Studio Fix Boldblack Lash and Matte Lipstick in Kinda Sexy... but now you know! Jenny x

23 comments:

  1. Great post! I've always wanted to try Mac soft & gentle it looks so good! I'm definitely a lot more tempted haha :)
    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one of their pre made palettes and I like it but I don't use it as much as I thought I would x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a shame >< Maybe making your own palette up is better because it's more tailored to your specific tastes x

      Delete
  3. i really love mac products, they are the best!

    www.malvro.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! So tempting to spend all my money there haha x

      Delete
  4. Ruby Woo is such a gorgeous shade of lipstick.
    xx

    Small&Blonde

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant agree enough with you....

    Anie
    http://progressivepanache.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look great! I love Mac's matte lipsticks!

    Bella Pummarola

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, they're mt favourite finish by far x

      Delete
  7. I also love soft and gentle! It's one of my fsvorite highlighters! Great post Jenny, I'm always looking for new Mac products to try

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love MAC! Ruby Woo is a lip color I think I need. I keep hearing such great things about it. Thanks for sharing these! Your eye shadow colors are all gorgeous.

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/03/madrid-palacio-de-cristal.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these items - great choices!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. MAC ruby woo is one of my favourites, i love it! x

    whatbeckyloves.com

    ReplyDelete