GREECE HOLIDAY | LINDOS RHODES





Let me begin by admitting this post is very.. very late, two years late in fact... I kinda just forgot about uploading these and chatting about my holiday until today when I just fancied it. Maybe it's because I have major holiday blues having just returned from Vienna. The only saving grace is that the weather I came back to in the UK is actually amazing for this time of year! But back to Greece, I went in May 2013 to Lindos, a little not so touristy town in Rhodes. As you can see from the pictures it is your typical Mediterranean looking holiday which personally are my favourite. I love the blue of the sea against the while buildings, it's so beautiful. Lindos is a little different though thanks to the acropolis on top of the hill. It's a temple of Athena surrounded by a castle built much much later by the Knights of St. John among other architecture from other periods, a bit of a mish mash really- great if you like history. You can read more here if you're interested. The town has two main beaches, one facing out onto the sea, the more popular and easier to get to. The second (shown in the last picture) facing an enclosed bay which is really beautiful and calm. The town is really pretty and traditionally Mediterranean, lots of great places to eat as well as a few relaxed pubs which I really enjoyed. The hotel we stayed in is called Lindos View and it's amazing, I highly highly recommend. The owners were lovely, they were there to greet us when we arrived despite it being a ridiculous time in the morning. You can read their Tripadvisor reviews here. So if you can't tell already, I really loved this holiday and this little town, it has so much character and if you're looking for somewhere chilled out to go on holiday in Greece this is such an amazing place! 

42 comments:

  1. wonderful fotos an appartment with the pool ;) xo babsi

    ReplyDelete
  2. the place is like little piece of heaven
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must had so much fun !
    xoxo,

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice, kisses :)

    http://www.itsmetijana.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this place is amazing!

    Join my giveaway and win masterpiece by legendary jewelry designer from Tokyo! http://differentcands.blogspot.com/2015/04/giveaway-worldwide.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, definately should go if you get the chance x

      Delete
  6. This looks so beautiful and so much fun! Come and meet our adventures in Paris at Paris Living

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and I'll check out your blog now! x

      Delete
  7. This is so weird, I am going there this year! To the exact same hotel! Super looking forward :) Are there any specific restaurants you would recommend or any places to visit?! It looks beautiful and I'm so excited to be going! How much of a walk is it into Lindos too? Is it on the road? Super excited :)

    http://www.redlipstickramblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so jealous, it's lovely there! Yes I have a few, will comment on your blog so you definitely see x

      Delete
  8. Better late than never! Beautiful photos :)
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos <3

    we follow You :)
    na-dwoje-babka-wrozyla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to Rhodes, but it is somewhere i've always wanted to visit. It sounds like you had a lovely time xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely go one day, it's beautiful x

      Delete
  11. I dream with one day go to Greece. Beautiful pictures!

    http://shepetite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Greece is a wonderful place on earth - your pictures are great!
    Thanks for share it <3

    Kisses from Switzerland,
    Kira

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOW! How incredible is the colour of the sea???? Now you're making me crave a holiday! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knowww! It's so amazing and I make myself crave a holiday! x

      Delete
  14. Wow beautiful landscapes, I would love to visit those places! What do you think of following each other, maybe inspire each other? Please let me know! :) Have a great week, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow wonderful landscape!!

    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/2015/04/my-dear-love-trenchcoat.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing *o* Looks great. I bet you had lots of fun ^^

    I'm following you. Follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greece is one place I haven't been yet and plan to visiti soon. Great pics!

    Xo,
    Miranda

    www.thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it's my favourite place :) x

      Delete
  18. The photos are perfect. Absolutely love Greece!
    Followed you
    Segui!
    NOVO POST http://hashtagwwgu.blogspot.pt/2015/05/compras-de-primavera-shopping-for.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou and thankyou for the follow :) x

      Delete
  19. beautiful photos!

    http://thedaydreamings.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete