FALMOUTH | CORNWALL


As some of you will already know I currently live in Falmouth, a seaside town in Cornwall, where I'm studying BA Textiles at the university. I thought it might be interesting for those of you applying to university who are considering Falmouth or even Exeter, who we share the campus with here, to hear what I have to say on the town and surrounding area and what it's like to be a student in the west country. I'm planning on writing a separate post on the BA Textiles course here which I will link to once it is up. Hope you enjoy this slightly different than usual post on my blog!


Chilled out best sums up the town and the bars and restaurants all have that 'Shoreditch cool' feel which personally I love. If you want a proper night then you'll have to venture further afield... ie. Newquay where you'll find plenty of clubs. On campus (which is actually in Penryn) we have a joint university student union bar which is a massive deal here and very popular. They host parties fortnightly which are always worth going to if you are quick enough to get your hands on a ticket. Truro, which is about 20 minuets away by train, has a larger shopping center so the lack of highstreet stores here isn't that bad... infact not having a Topshop in Falmouth has undoubtedly saved me ALOT of money.


I like to go to the beach as often as possible because it is so beautiful and such a fun relaxing day out and there are so many water sports clubs and societies to get involved with like sailing and surfing. I have to say don't be put off by how isolated being this far west may come across. Yes my train journey home takes around 8 hours but honestly being independent is a great thing. When you live too close to home you don't get that. Instead focus on how outstanding the universities are here and the added benefits of having two different ones.. it's so diverse. This area of the country is obviously beautiful and I count myself lucky to live here. I had hoped to study in London originally because I thought the courses would be worth the lifestyle and economic drawbacks but I was completely wrong, the university is now the top in the country for arts so I haven't had any compromises. If you have any questions about Falmouth or anything else related ask in the comments and keep a look out for my response! 

45 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time!
    www.norawears.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beach looks amazing. I wish I had it somewhere near me. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't believe that was in England when I first looked at the pictures! Just goes to show that you can have a great holiday in England- especially when sunny haha xx
    www.emilyjanewebb.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's crazy! Falmouth is a such a tourist town in the summer x

      Delete
  4. Great photos!

    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/05/doubting-in-pink.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't mind waking up and getting to class if this was my view everyday :O I would love to study abroad in Europe one day, this looks like a really nice place to go to school at. Thank you for sharing with us :) and I agree University gives you a sense of independence you really can't get anywhere else. I'm hoping to transfer to a University once i finish my generals at college.

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's amazing and you should do if you get the chance! Two of my flat mates are international students and they love their exchange :) x

      Delete
  6. Its nice getting to read about you.
    sounds like you really have an awesome time there

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a wonderful place to live at, no matter whether or not you're planning to go to University there.
    Thank you for sharing these wonderful images ♥
    letscoba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a tourist town in the summer, really popular for holidays x

      Delete
  8. oh how nice i like it :D
    http://zyciowa-salatka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning photos, I love Cornwall! It was nice reading more about you Jenny ! X Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk !! Xx followers are desperately needed xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice that you live by the water, love the photos!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is soo pretty! I wish I lived near a beach, it must be perfect <3

    istylelooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beach is great when the weather is good x

      Delete
  12. gorgeous pictures of the beach! I love digging my toes in the sand and watch the waves!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you. Actually the models and prices are attractive. I look forward to the arrival of my sandals.

    Perfect place and amazing photos!! Congrats!

    InstagramFacebook Oficial PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Beautiful photos I wish I lived near a beach x

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing photos, makes me want to visit it x

    http://msznev.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice pictures :) i like the course which u r studying.... in such beautiful place it must be pleasure :)
    greetings,
    Vivi :)

    Vivienne Night Blog
    www.viviennenight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing to study such a creative course and have such inspiring surroundings x

      Delete
  17. I was there two years ago, it's amazing indeed! You have to come at my hometown "Cascais", by what you wrote on the post, I think you'd love it. You can take a look "HERE"
    Thank you so much for stopping by! Have happy weekend<3

    x♥x♥

    "Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome place!!!
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    http://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  19. i'm in love with this! great post x

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.com)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The town looks beautiful, like a Mediterranean oasis in the middle of England:) Thank you for presenting us this town through the wonderful story and photos. It's always a pleasure to learn something new :)
    Mrs Fox's Beauty Box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love that typical Mediterranean style so much and glad you enjoyed it x

      Delete
  21. beautiful place! I wouldn't mind to live there! It's so peaceful :)

    www.yoannita90.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great pics

    New post :
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Amazing photos! Thanks for sharing!

    xx,

    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow, looks great!
    maybe follow each other? what do you think?
    kiss!
    PS. i just publish new giveaway. You can win great dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a lovely place to live! I definitely thought it was somewhere overseas when I saw the first photo though x

    Quite Frankly She Said - UK Beauty, Parenting & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete