JUNGLE PARTY FACE PAINT


Another slightly weird post today, not been feeling the usual beauty blogger content (aka.. lack of funds means I have nothing new to share with you) but hopefully you'll enjoy this none the less. A while back my student union threw a jungle themed party which I was embarrassingly excited about... hoping to improve on the face painting skills I acquired around the age of six? With the completely willing help of my friends I did manage to an extent, this is what I came up with. The pictures above show my favourite 'looks' of the night. YC was meant to be a monkey but ended up as a bit of a bear/wolf mix thanks to the previously consumed bottle of wine... you know how it is. Jess is a jaguar or leopard which I think suited her chocolate eyes perfectly and ended up looking really feminine and pretty.



My face paint was inspired by this picture which is meant to be a dragon or snake but everyone thought I looked more like a peacock! I liked how long my eyelashes look, it's actually just the black line from my nose continuing into eyeliner and then into an extended and very dramatic cat eye of sorts. Peter was meant to be a crocodile but by the time I did his face paint I was having a little trouble concentrating so I don't think it turned out very well! What do you guys think? Hopefully anyone looking for animal themed face paint ideas will find this inspiring even though it's all a bit rough around the edges!  

16 comments:

  1. that's cool, great pics!

    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.com/2015/05/paisley-dress-and-black-vest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so so cool!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/05/denim-jumpsuit-with-romwe.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems like it was so much fun! Although your original idea didn't turn out, I quite like what it turned in to!! It really does make your eye lashes look longer :D I don't know I really dig it. I think best face paint has to go to YC for his bear/wolf monkey! >.< haha
    You all look great :) I hope you had a lot of fun! :D

    -Crystal
    http://crystallizeddaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and thankyou! Yes I know, we should wear something like that everyday for amazing lashes haha. I like his best too :P x

      Delete
  5. Great make up.
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Naww how fun! We love the way yours turned out

    M + K
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is amazing!! I actually can see dragon in your creation but peacock works as well! This seems like such a fun event!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me kinda glad you can see the dragon in it haha but yeah either way is ok!! x

      Delete
  8. Amazing! Such a fun idea for a night out. The monkey, especially, is so frickin' cool x

    ReplyDelete