SALZBURG | AUSTRIA


Can't believe I live here (not here exactly, that's a church..)! Such a lucky gal, it's too beautiful even in the rain. And if you've never seen a picture of Salzburg in the snow... google now. It looks like a scene from Frozen.. So I've been here exactly two weeks now and I've noticed a few differences between Salzburg and the UK so I thought I'd share them with you in a bit of a lighthearted post. I'll probably add to this or do a part two as I discover other bits and bobs the longer I stay! So far it's been a great few weeks, I've made amazing friends and settled in in my course. I cycle everywhere which is mega relaxing and I think the change in lifestyle has really made me a much happier person!


1. Mayo comes in a tube, tomato puree style... this may have been the biggest surprise I've had

2. Everyone has a bike, no one wears helmets 

3. Beer = water

4. On Sunday everything closes.. everything

5. Dirndls and Lederhosen are normal acceptable items of clothing for everyday wear

6. Binge drinking isn't a thing

7. No one is overweight, men jog in tiny tight shorts

8. They drive on the right

9. The only pubs here are Irish ones

10. Snow isn't a problem, everything carries on as usual

11. Bikes are never chained up when left in bike racks.. can you imagine that happening anywhere in England?!

12. There's no litter. It's weirdly clean, I don't know how it's managed but I'm happy it is!


Hope you enjoyed this post! I'll be writing some more specific 'travel' posts about what I get up to here so keep an eye out if you're interested! The next one will be about my trip to Munich for Oktoberfest last weekend! I'm also planning another trip to Vienna and possibly a trip to Verona (so romantic!) in Italy as by train it's not so far! Benefits of living in mainland Europe!

24 comments:

  1. Have fun for in this 5 months! Salzburg looks beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was hilarious! I love the beer = water one, although I remember when I was in the UK that this was a thing too for some people :P that second photo is stunning, I can understand why you're feeling happier now - it's always an eye-opening experience to live in a new country!

    Julia xx
    Wander around Paris with me here: http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2015/10/parisian-wanderer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! Haha very true, didn't think about that! It's beautiful, I feel very lucky to live here x

      Delete
  3. Amazing photos!

    Please click on the link on my post
    http://helderschicplace.blogspot.com/2015/10/stains.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Salzburg i Love it :))) xo babsi from Vienna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwh lucky you being in Vienna though, I love it there too x

      Delete
  5. Second photo is amazing! Beer=water... really? :)

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!
    <3
    katsfashionfix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is honestly one of the most stunning places. Everything looks so clean and airy... so pretty!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is!! Glad you like the pictures x

      Delete
  8. Loved reading these interesting facts and tips! It's kind of nice to have everything closed on Sundays so you can spend time with family and friends. We have malls open here on holidays which I think is crazy!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos!

    xoxo I http://monicanoir.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful, beautiful place to live! And I thought I was lucky with London! I loved reading this post. Tube mayo though? I don't know if you'll ever get used to that haha!

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really lovely post dear! Hope you have a fabulous day.

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a place out of a fairy tale. Enjoy and have fun over there, girl.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Salzburg's an amazingly beautiful city! I've been there twice last year as it's only about an 3-4 hour ride away from where I live :)
    As an Austrian, it's quite interesting to read the differences. Some things that are 'normal' to me and that I'm used to are surprising for you - e.g. the thing with the mayo in the tubes ;)

    xo, Lena

    ReplyDelete