GERMAN CHRISTMAS MARKETS


I don't know about you guys, but for me post holiday blues have definitely set in and the closer it comes to going back to uni the more I want Christmas to happen all over again. So to try and combat this feeling I thought I'd share with you some pictures I took at the beginning of December. Somehow my friend Teuta and I managed to visit thirteen Christmas markets in one weekend all around west Germany. We visited Dusseldorf, Bonn, Aachen and of course the most famous place for Christmas markets; Cologne. Unsurprisingly I loved every second and I don't think I've ever been in more of a festive mood than I was in the lead up to Christmas this year. And really, how could anyone who had visited these beautiful places not be?



Each Christmas market has a different theme, some stars or angels, others elves or St. Nicolas so the subtleties of each made it so worth while visiting them all! I have a few particular favourites including the Witch market in Aachen and the Father Christmas market in Cologne which I would recommend visiting though if you're staying in any of these cities it is really easy to get a train to another for the day as they're all very close together so really see as many as possible as there maybe one you like more! Definitely try crepes and waffles too as they're so good in Germany (especially compared to the ones in Winter Wonderland!) and also have as much mulled wine and cider/ gluwein and glumost as possible!! The best I had was at the Father Christmas market in Rudolfplatz, Cologne. Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and a happy New Year and hope I've managed to prolong that festive feeling in a few of you!! My next post will be a travel bit on my Christmas break in Venice!! 

21 comments:

  1. so pretty :)
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did not go to any Christmas market this year, I really wanted to go to Köln, only a few hours from Luxembourg

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so amazing!!! I have to see this in person one day! happy new year!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These Christmas markets look amazing! I'd love to visit one in Germany - hopefully this year will be the year!

    Suitcase and Sandals Blog XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, make it this year for sure x

      Delete
  5. If only Christmas could begin all over again haha! But think about how the excitement will come back next year, this is something to look forward to already :P Christmas markets in Germany must be amazing, I had heard about Cologne before for Christmas festivities and I hope I'll go too one day! I'll be reading your post about Venice, another great destination to visit :)

    Julia xx
    | http://www.juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly haha but that is true. They are, you should go and great! It's up now x

      Delete
  6. Beautiful pictures, Jenny! All these markets sound so fun! the holidays go back so quickly so I can understand the feeling of wanting them back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl, and they do! It sucks haha x

      Delete
  7. Beautiful pics! I really want to visit Germany in order to see the markets!They are amazing

    www.alinavelnikovskaya.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures!
    Happy new year! xoxo

    Verena

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love German markets too! You have such lovely photos.

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read. Maybe we can follow each other on Bloglovin?
    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks so cosy!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh I've always wanted to go to the Christmas markets in Germany! The one in Cologne looks absolutely amazing!!
    I hope you have a fantastic new year! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should go and then visit me in England!! Thankyou, you too x

      Delete