A CITYBREAK IN PRAGUE


One day I will write these travel posts as soon as I return so they're fresh and full of detail and little astute insights I'm sure I had while exploring such creative, buzzing places... Anyway as you Insta stalkers already know last week I spent four days in Prague with my girlfriends. I had no idea what to expect from Prague as (very unlike me) I prepared and researched nothing about the city beforehand. (Potentially a sign I'm getting old and boring, less excitement in the build up to going?) So going by guide books and leaflets collected at the airport we packed as much into the four days as possible, sleep being lowest priority. And even then, with minimal time spent horizontal, we definitely needed another week to see everything the city has to offer. 



The first few days were spent walking from important historical and impressive architectural landmark to landmark, my favourite part of city breaks. Prague castle was particularly beautiful, both the pictures above were taken there. It sits just outside of the centre on a steep hill so the views are amazing, as is the walk to the castle which I definitely recommend over getting the funicular up there. Plus you'll come across the most beautiful Starbucks when walking around the castle which for basic bbloggers is a must see, of course! The old town square was also particularly beautiful, you can see a bit of in the picture below. There is currently a Dali exhibition in a museum there which I really enjoyed and 100% recommend checking out as it's cheap and houses a lot of work of his I'd never seen before. The Warhol one was not as good. I'll also quickly mention my OOTD- the coat is a new purchase from French Connection. It's perfect for summer, very lightweight but still kept me warm when the sun went away. Leggings are Puma, most comfortable things on the planet and really flattering round the bum and tummy area because of the thick elasticated band. Trainers are New Balance and top is a basic scoop neck crop from Topshop! 




The nightlife in Prague was another fun part of the holiday despite me not being a massive clubbing fan and despite the hoards of drunk English/Irish hen and stag dos making meeting natives almost impossible. But drinks and club entry was all so so cheap (maximum you pay for a pint of beer is £1) so that was good. One of the leaflets recommended a popular Czech beer garden in Letenske sady which was amazing. The view of the city was really pretty from up there and in the summer I imagine it being the best place for a chilled drink because of the welcome shade from the trees. I'd go back just for that! But actually I want to go back anyway and am looking into doing an Erasmus work placement in Prague next summer because I enjoyed it so much! Have any of you been to Prague or do any of you live there? What are your favourite parts of the city I may have missed?

25 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful! Looks like you guys had fun :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Prague, but it looks like a wonderful city with a lot of things to see! The castle seems like a place I'd like to visit. For cities with so much history and fun things to do, we always need more days than we've planned to see everything we wanted! Must be a great city for an Erasmus experience, with beer so cheap! ;)

    Julia x
    Last post: Review of the Stila liquid lipstick in shade Patina!
    http://juliaspeaksbeauty.blogspot.fr/2016/04/my-thoughts-on-stila-patina-liquid.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to go, I love it! That's so true, I could live there and still be discovering new things I and yes haha if only I'd thought that through! x

      Delete
  3. my sister went to prague and loved it
    lovely pictures
    hope to visit soon
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prague looks beautiful! And I love your outfit! <3

    xoxo,
    Rowan
    Red Reiding Hood

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny, you look awesome, loving the photography too x
    http://www.yukovablog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Prague.... these photos are so beautiful!! lucky you:)
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so amazing!

    xoxo
    www.its-dash.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice! Hope get a chance to read my latest post. Have a great day.

    Style For Mankind
    Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and sure, I'll check it out now x

      Delete
  9. Love these photos! Amazing post!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pics for a magic town
    You have a interesting blog.
    I hope you will like mine
    xoxo
    www.welovefur.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such a beautiful place! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss Prague so much! Had a really good trip visiting there last year when I was living in Europe and now I really want to go back. Thanks for bringing back memories for me :)

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete