BAMBI'S MUM HALLOWEEN COSTUME


I can not get over how freaking fast this year has gone, end of October.. seriously?! Although the prospect of mince pies and warm woolen jumpers cheers me up. But back to the post, my Halloween costume! Because it's a Monday everyone decided to celebrate last weekend so we could fully commit to a night out without the worry of early lectures on Tuesday. I decided to dress up as Bambi's mum to the dismay and delight of many- some thought it was a little morbid but hey, that's what Halloween is all about! My housemate in the picture above dressed up as the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, complete with home made crown and skirt and our outfits coordinated completely by chance! I'm going to explain how I did the bullet wound with no special fx makeup and facepaint below. 


The bullet wound was actually really really easy to do, all you need is some tissue or toilet paper, PVA or eyelash glue (I used PVA) and fake blood. Firstly you separate the layers of the tissue so you have one thin layer and then tear a strip to roll up length ways to create the ridge around the hole. PVA this to your skin, make sure where you're sticking is oil/makeup free so it stays better. Then rip a piece of tissue slightly bigger than a 2p to lay over the circle and PVA all over. This layer is what really keeps the circle down, mine lasted all night and really only peeling it off yourself with get it off. Once the glue has dried clear you can shadow with makeup bruising colours and inside the wound completely black. Then drip some fake blood inside the hole and let it run down your chest! Watch this video for more detail. 


As for the facepaint, I googled 'deer makeup' and combined elements from different examples that I liked best. I used brown, orange and dark yellow chalk pastels mixed with water to create the cheek colour and white face paint for the rest. Using my Bourjois chocolate bronzer I made sure the cheek colour and white face paint blended smoothly. I used my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette for the brows, nose contour and button nose. The colours in this palette are perfect for deer facepaint, I also used them to do the winged eyeliner. I only used the Chanel Precision Lip Definer in 34 Natural because lipliners last a really long time on my lips especially when I'm drinking! And that's pretty much it!! If you want more facepaint ideas check out my Jungle Party post. Hope you all had a lovely weekend and lovely day today,

Happy Halloween


8 comments:

  1. Haha I was so scared when I saw this on your snapchat! What an awesome costume! The bullet hole looked so real!
    Hope you had a fabulous Halloween weekend! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't know if that's good or not, probably good since it's a Halloween costume! Thankyou, hope you did too!!! x

      Delete
  2. Cool makeup
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a great job for this costume/makeup! The bullet hole looks way too realistic :D And the bambu makeup looks so cute :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know haha, it freaked me out a bit and thankyou!! x

      Delete
  4. This is such a cool look, defo makes an interesting twist on the usual deer makeup! I've recently started experimenting with SFX make-up (I use liquid latex instead of glue) and it's so much fun! It's a lot easier sometimes to do than I'd have expected before I started doing it as well! x

    xamandajayne.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!! Isn't it so much fun, I want to try latex too x

      Delete