St Michael's Mount and The Minack Theatre | Cornwall

I can not believe how fast three years at Falmouth University have gone by... it's scary! And I've started to panic as my leaving date approaches... meaning packing as much as possible in to my last two weeks here, including trips to St Michael's Mount and The Minack Theatre! If you're not from Cornwall/have never been you probably wont have heard of these places but they are must see when in the South West and quite beautiful so I thought I'd share some pictures from the trips with you. 


Firstly St. Michael's Mount, a tide dependant island of the coast off Marazion. On the island, which you can access by foot at low tide and for £2 on the ferry at high tide, is a beautiful castle and gardens run by the National Trust. I started by looking around the castle which was pretty interesting but mostly enjoyable for the views of the mainland and gardens! I then had a pulled pork and mint yogurt wrap in the cafe which tasted amazing followed by a long walk around the gardens. 

I'd definitley recomend going to St. Michael's Mount... to be honest I'd go back just for the wrap! I'll let the pictures speak for themselves though! 

in the castle gardens

a view of the gardens/sea from the castle


a view of Marazion from the island
                                                                                     


My second trip was to The Minack Theatre, an outdoor theatre built into a cliff face near Penzance which has spectacular views of the sea and a pretty impressive atmosphere in my opinion! I took the coastal pathway to the theatre which is a hefty walk uphill but does pass the beach you can see two pictures below. The play itself was good but I became quite distracted by seals swimming around out in the sea!! A friend I went with also saw a pod of dolphins which unfortunately I missed. 

the theatre just before the show began 


Again, I'd definitely recomend checking out The Minack Theatre even if it's just for a walk around the cliff and nearby beaches. Apparently it is also quite impressive to visit at night which I can imagine is very true. 

And that's it for today folks. Hope you enjoyed this little insight into some Cornish culture/heritage! 

4 comments:

  1. I so wish I could visit Cornwall - one of my regrets is not visiting when I was studying abroad in the UK. St. Michaels Mount looks so beautiful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to go if you ever come back! x

      Delete
  2. Looks like such a beautiful place! Would love to visit it!

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should next time you're in England! x

      Delete